December 6, 2011

Meet Tawny Dalton Bell, Owner and Creator of ThePrimitive Nook

Tawny Dalton Bell
Tawny Dalton Bell lives in McKenzie, TN., I was born in Pennsylvania and grew up in Florida. The daughter of a well known singer and musician, Robert Dalton. Whose music reached the national charts in the early 70's with hits such as "Mama Call Me Home" and "Papa's Home"
At the age of 13, our family (My Dad, Mom, myself and 2 brother's) left Florida living in an RV. We traveled for over 2 years singing gospel music in various churches and missions all over the United States. My Dad was very talented. He sang and played many instruments, painted and wrote books. He always told me that I could achieve whatever I wanted to if I set my mind to it. Also, to make sure if I was doing something, "Do it right, or don't do it at all." I still abide by those words to this day.
My first creation at 14 years old
God has given me many talents and I have been creative ever since I can remember.  While visiting my Grandmother in West Virginia, she found me digging and sculpting the clay soil in her yard. At the age of 14, I had made my first real piece of art and painted it with my nail polish. LOL! I still have that bear and will treasure it always.
Sannod
In my early 20's I was hired as a seamstress at OshKosh-B'Gosh. I was quickly promoted to the position of training instructor having to learn 50 different jobs in order to teach new employees. Several years later, I was employed by another well known factory called Quality Auditor. Unfortunately, the company laid it's employees off in 1999. Shorty after my job loss, I went shopping one day with my sister-in-law to a adorable Primitive Shoppe, where she purchased a very expensive doll. I knew at that moment I could create primitive dolls. I was inspired to start my own business and the inception of "The Primitive Nook" turned from a dream into reality.
I began making and selling my creations to family and friends in my home town. Later, I sold my work at a flea market, but it was so far to travel. I decided a website would be better. In 2001 my website was built and in 2003 I began designing my own unique line of Primitive Patterns.
January of 2009, is when I lost my Dad to cancer. After that is seemed my creativity was lost... no matter how long I sat and tried to come up with something new, it just didn't seem to be working.
I am now back in full swing and very determined. I love to design and create to make others happy and to help them succeed. I write my patterns in printed and PDF email form with the beginner in mind... thinking back to my training instructor days at OshKosh.
Emily
My husband is very supportive of my business. I have a step daughter that is 22, two son's 19 and 16. Four months ago I became a Grandmother of a precious little girl named "Emily." She is the new light of my life and has helped fill that void from the loss of my Dad. She keeps me inspired all of the time with that big sweet smile of hers.
My goal is to keep sharing my talent of designing and bring smiles to my customer's faces. I love to help other people whenever I can and know that giving of myself makes me happier than anything. I am blessed to use my talent to help support my family and better yet, I get to play with dolls all the time.
Please visit my website to see all of my dolls at www.primitivenook.net you can also visit me on ETSY www.primitivenook.etsy.com
If you have any questions about my patterns, or dolls my email is primitivenook@yahoo.com


 My artist style is Primitive folkart and my favorite art media is fabric. I work 12 to 14 hours a day 5 days a week currently.  My favorite foods are Spaghetti, tacos and smoked pit barbcue.
If I won a million dollars I would pay all of my families bills off and then become the next secret Santa
If I could give someone advice who is just starting out I would tell them to never ever give up! Set goals and reach them....Market, market, market and just have fun!

15 comments:

  1. Great feature on a great artist! Thank you for sharing her story and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview on Tawny and the Primitive Nook. She sure is a sweetheart and seems to really love life. Her work is fabulous!!!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article on Tawny and her adorable creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature on a great artist!! Thanks for sharing her story with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Tawny's work! I'm the happy owner of a few of her patterns and look forward to working with more! So nice to get to know her better!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great posting on a very interesting journey---thanks for sharing. Tawny, your dolls are just wonderful!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tawny, This article was an inspiration to any artist who thinks they might have talent, that you should pursue your God given talent and you will achieve what you are destined to do. Now I can see you creating and singing to your hearts content. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who couldn't love you or your work. You are the definition of sincerity and the Good Lord knows that is lacking in our world today. My hope for you and this world is that you collide with as many people as possible - THEY will become the better for it. God Bless you Tawny you are the "REAL DEAL".
    PS. That little Emily is way past precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms Tawny Bell forgot to mention something that almost defines her...she LOVES LOVES LOVES diet coke with extra cherry!!! She is a wonderful person with a big heart which is where her creativity comes from...the heart! Love you Tawny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many people want to increase their muscle
    mass and create a toned, developed body that is not only
    aesthetically pleasing, but strong and healthy as well.
    5- The actuality about whenever and tips on how
    to work with both of those dumbbells and equipments to place on high level of quality muscle quickly.
    this program developer, Kyle Leon, is a well-known personal
    trainer and nutrition expert in recent years and is regarded as one of the most respected coaches
    in the world when it comes to building muscle mass naturally.



    Check out my blog post - Somanabolic muscle Maximizer Results

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadly, this kind of private touch is often overlooked by way of various
    suppliers want Becker in addition to Gleim because they grow bigger over time.
    Thus, the advertiser would face a greater risk of not getting any
    commission if their product is not purchased by the visitor.
    The actual sale need not be made to earn a commission as affiliate.


    my blog - CPA Power Blast

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mobi - CHM is perhaps the only e-reader which supports the CHM file format.
    You can also find bible e - Book on the web to complete your quiet
    time with God. So, without spending any money (assuming you already had
    a computer), you have your equipment.

    my weblog - free pdf ebook download

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many people want to increase their muscle mass and create a toned, developed body that is not only aesthetically
    pleasing, but strong and healthy as well. 5- The actuality
    about whenever and tips on how to work with both of those dumbbells and equipments to place
    on high level of quality muscle quickly. In his new program Kyle Leon offers high
    quality information and offers a proven muscle building system that has been designed by
    renowned fitness models from around the world that have been adjusted and tested for a
    long time in order to provide the best results.

    Also visit my web blog :: Muscle Maximizer Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Statistics for Word - Press" definitely forms the main statistical indicators for
    the blog. You can create a blog with a unique name ( and website.
    With the correct theme, you can accommodate all the
    nifty little widgets and codes, and may also mean better search
    engine rankings and tons of fresh traffic every day.

    my site: WP Social Press Review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...<\center>

Search This Blog