September 24, 2010

It's a great day for a "New Recipe"

One of the great things about living in the North Country is that you never
know what the weather will bring. Today is cloudy, cold and chilly! So what
 does a day like that mean for us crafters? It means fun. No yard work today
ladies. I not only like to create on days like this, I like to cook!

Have any of you heard of the “Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl yet.” Ree Drummond was one of the” Keynote Speakers” at The Creative Connection Event last weekend. And what a delight she is. Genuine, humble, funny and charming are just a few words that come to mind. Her book is simple home- cooking at its finest. There are easy step by step instructions complete with awesome photographs, so you can’t really mess up. Her story was so inspiring for me. I have always loved down-home cooking. I have been collecting family receipts for years. And, yes they use real butter too. Not as much as Ree does, but real butter, never the less.



One of the meals we had at the TCC Event was right out of Ree’s cook book. It was delicious. And, for dessert we enjoyed, and I mean “ENJOYED” her “Red Velvet Cake”. Normally I don’t like cake but this cake… WOW. I don’t think Ree would mind if I shared the recipe with you. Go to Creative Chicks “sharing of recipes”. But, I highly recommend you buy the book. You can order it from Ree herself, at www.thepioneerwoman.com or go to BARNES & NOBLE and get it today.

Also, check out Fabulous Friday at http://www.wherewomancreate.typepad.com/ they are hosting a wonderful giveaway today. The Pioneer Woman Cooks is just one of the things you will get in this give away. You also get a TCC “Swag Bag”. A generous bag filled with all sorts of goodies. I know I have one! There is paint, glue, fabric swatches, soap, a CCT Event t-shirt, just tons of stuff. The bag itself was custom made by MODA Fabrics using Kaari Meng’s French General fabric line. I love mine, so you must register today! The contest ends Wednesday, Sept. 29th at noon (MST).

I’m going to the Wisconsin Dell’s this weekend. If anyone of you know of any Art fairs or Fall Festivals in the area please let me know. The comment section on this blog is still “under Construction” but you can send me an email katelund@yahoo.com

Have a great Friday and get cooking!

-Kate


Search This Blog

Posted by Picasa