September 18, 2011

Hi Everyone,  I'm back from an amazing three day conference that took place in St. Paul, Minnesota called The Creation Connection. The main focus was how to turn our creative passion into a business through social media and marketing.  The personal stories of some of today's most successful names in books and blogs were very inspirational.  I can't wait to share the event with you in the coming weeks, but........
Today is Sunday, it's raining, the Vikings are losing the football game, and I am making a big
pot of Chicken Dumpling Soup.  I know I've shared this recipe with you before but here it is again, in case you
you would like to join me on this lazy creative Sunday.

Chicken Dumping Soup
1 rotisserie chicken from the grocery store of your choice
1 stalk of lettuce, chopped
1 bag of carrots, cut
2 large onions, chopped
1 package of Mrs. Grasses chicken soup mix
2 Tablespoons, give or take of chicken broth powder
celery salt and pepper

Boil chicken in large pot of water for 1 hour. Then strain chicken and put broth back into the pan letting the chicken pieces cool. Now add the chopped celery, carrots, onions the package of soup mix with the egg and the chicken broth powder to taste.  Pick through the chicken pieces and place the good meat into the pot, discarding the bones, skin and fatty pieces.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Bring to a boil and simmer at least 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.


Dumplings
6 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
Beat eggs, add cinnamon, sugar and milk.   Then slowly stir in flour till thick like brownie mix or even thicker.  Bring soup back to a rolling boil. Heat teaspoon in soup and drop tablespoons of dumplings mixture into the soup.  Cook another 10 minutes and serve.

While my soup is cooking I will spend my time organizing my thoughts about the Creative Connection. I have hundreds of pictures and stories to share with you.  It was a crazy, terrific ,
exciting weekend.  I am totally inspired!!!
-Kate

Search This Blog

Posted by Picasa