June 29, 2011

Bring Back the 70's Crocheting Art

1972
Please bring back the crocheting magazines from the 70's when home made items were so popular rather then store bought items. Remember the art of flower crochet, granny square designs and mother and daughter ponchos? Who could not forget the afghans, slippers, hats, scarves and much more. The colors of the 70's were so bright and vibrant, lime green, aqua, orange, yellow and red.
June 1974
Recently, I was given a box full of crocheting magazines that belonged to my God Mother. My mind has shifted back to the 70's as I still carry on the tradition today with creating crocheted items. Do you have a favorite crocheted gift memory you would like to share with us?
Granny Square designs
Knit and Crochet with Aunt Lydia
1970
1979- Betty White loves needlepoint
Patty's creations
Thank you Grandma, Mom and my Aunt for teaching me how to crochet at a young age. Enjoy a piece of nostalgia.

Search This Blog

Posted by Picasa