October 8, 2010
"An Apple A Day, Keeps The Doctor Away"
As the old saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”! Do you believe it?
Well it’s true. The benefits of apples are endless. An apple is an excellent source
of natural fiber, vitamins and minerals. Here are just a few reasons why you should
• Healthier lungs, studies have shown that children who drink a glass of apple
juice per day decrease asthma symptoms, such as wheezing.
• Protects your brain from brain disease
• Helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinsonism
• Prevents tooth decay, eating an apple will kill up to 80% of the bacteria
in your mouth
• Reduces bad cholesterol
• Low in calories
• Prevents cancer and heart disease
***CURES ACID REFLUX***
If you suffer from acid reflux I have the cure for you…I know, in my house
we call it the magic potion.
Here a few recipes to cure acid reflux:
• 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water
• 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day (this is a tough one but you get used to it.)
• 1 cup of warm apple cider before bedtime(my favorite)
• 2 apples a day or some slices before you go to bed
I was at the creative connection event and on the last night of the convention I had acid reflux at 2:00 in the morning, and no apple juice or cider available. Then I remembered I had an apple left from lunch. Four bites later the acid reflux was gone. HONESTLY! Now I don’t go anywhere without an apple in my bag!
Nutrition Facts of 1 medium apple:
Carbohydrates 21 grams
Dietary Fiber 4 grams
Created by Kate Sullivan